Bruny Island Photography is dedicated to capturing and showcasing the Island’s unique natural beauty. Tasmania has a proud tradition of Nature Photography dating back to the 1850’s and these images have played a critical role in highlighting the richness of its natural environment and the imperative for its preservation. Our tours continue in the spirit of that tradition.
Bruny Island, itself, is a microcosm of the Tasmanian mainland. It is blessed with an extraordinarily diverse range of distinct environments – spectacular coastlines, geological wonders, beaches, rainforests, mountains, lagoons, abundant flora and fauna – a cornucopia of photographic material; all at your doorstep!
While bringing you to the many beautiful places this region has to offer, we will do our best to teach you how to take better photographs, to skilfully use your camera and equipment, and help you with post-processing. We pride ourselves on providing highly qualified photography guides to help you improve your photography.
From a chartered boat, our resident photographers will show you the geological splendour of the rugged Bruny coastline with its abundant sea and bird life – It is here that your journey begins.
Over subsequent days we will take you to some of the Island’s most scenic locations – many of which are situated on private reserves spanning thousands of acres.
Our accommodation offers spectacular settings for communing with the Island’s elemental beauty and unwinding from the day’s activities. A perfect base from which to practice, reflect upon and discuss the craft of photography with our guides and fellow tour participants.
We look forward to sharing our passion for the Island and showing you what an incredibly special place it is whilst honing your skills in the art of photography. You won’t be disappointed!
- Boat Transfer from Hobart to Bruny Island (weather permitting)
- Tasmanian gourmet food and drink (all inclusive including alcohol)
- Deluxe accommodation in our private lodge
- Bruny Island boat cruise
- Iconic Bruny Island locations such as the lighthouse
- On-location coaching
- Image post-processing classes
|DATES:||Thursday September 26th 2019 to Sunday September 29th 2019|
|WORKSHOP STARTS:||Hobart, Tasmania, Australia|
|WORKSHOP BASE:||Bruny Island, Tasmania|
|GROUP SIZE:||Maximum 10 participants, minimum 4|
|FITNESS LEVEL:||A low level of fitness is required, some light walking may be involved|
|INCLUSIONS:||Price includes all food, drink, accommodation, on-location instruction, classroom and image processing classes, boat trips and ground transport. Does not include airfares.|
WHAT TO BRING
The workshop will take place on a beautiful island off the south east coast of Tasmania. You will need to be well prepared as we will be accessing areas in the dark, and the temperatures may be very cold.
- Head torch (with new batteries)
- Spare Torch
- Warm layered clothing suitable for sub cold temperatures and windy conditions (incl gloves and headwear)
- Lenses suitable for astrophotography (feel free to contact Luke or Jay for advice)
- Remote timer for camera
- Sturdy Tripod
- Water Bottle
OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED ITEMS
- Laptop (to get the most out of the post processing sessions)
- We recommend using Adobe Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC to make the most from our post-processing training.
- Note: Due to limited mobile phone/data/Internet availability on Bruny Island, we ask that Laptops be installed and updated with the latest versions of your post-processing software prior to arrival.